2.How students use the learning platform
1. How teachers use the teaching platform
1. Who can use BluePlanet Chinese ?
BluePlanet Chinese is aimed at Chinese learners of all levels and ages. From the starting point to the advanced level, BluePlanet Chinese offers courses suitable for every stage. The current students include primary school students who just start learning Chinese, as well as corporate and government staff with many years of Chinese language learning experience, aged 7-65 years old, from different countries around the world. BluePlanet Chinese is currently in the early stage of promotion where enrolled learners Continuously growing.
2. What features are available for teachers?
The main features include:
(1) Create a paid or free course that uses text, audio, video, or a mix of multiple types of materials. Teachers can make their own preparation materials into online courses for teachers to reuse, and it is convenient to continuously improve; at the same time, online courses can also be provided to students for self-study.
(2) Design test. There are dozens of test questions including interactive videos, and the questions can be deposited into the question bank sorting into different types or labels. Questions in the question bank can be used to organize new papers or shared with other teachers.
(3) BluePlanet Chinese Has a powerful statistical function. Statistics of student attendance, collection of various types of learning outcomes such as student texts, audio and video, and statistics of student historical achievements.
(4) Competency Framework design features. Teachers can refer to the HSK, European Common Criteria Framework, and other authoritative language proficiency levels to define the framework, or they can develop their own competency level framework to meet different needs. The skills are linked to specific courses and tests.
(5) Teachers can provide learning suggestions based on the competency framework, as well as to develop teaching plans based on the competency framework and students' learning.
(6) Teachers can view students' course enrollment and group students.
(7) Various tests support automatic scoring and manual scoring, and teachers can quickly get statistics on student responses after students take the exam.
(8) Teachers can organize student discussions within the course, and it is convenient to collect hot questions from students.
(9) Other functions include questionnaires, instant messages in the BluePlanet Chinese, and email notifications etc..
3. Is there a charge for using the Chinese bar teaching platform?
Chinese teachers can freely use the basic functions such as online course editing, publishing, quizzes and performance statistics.
4.How to register as a teacher?
Fill in the registration information as prompted on the registration page and select "Teacher" in the "Register as" item. Registering as a teacher generally requires a teacher qualification or more than two years of teaching experience.
5. How to create a course?
First look at the course catalog, click on the "request course" button to create a course, fill in the course name, catalog, course description, etc. according to the page prompts. Once the administrator confirms, you can start to create your own course. The administrator's confirmation notification will be sent via email and on-site notifications. You can set the notification method by clicking the notification icon in the upper right corner of the page.
6. How do teachers get the benefits?
Teachers can earn money through fee-based courses, specific steps:
(1)Register an account and choose to register as a teacher.
(2) After applying for a course, you can create a course after confirming by the webmaster.
(3) Enter the course page and set the number of points required for the course in the course selection method.
(4) Check the course income on the "Account Balance" on the profile page.
7. How to set up enrolment methods?
First click into the course, click on the "Participants" on the left, then on the member pagein the drop-down menu of the gear-shaped settings button, select "Enrolment Methods" to show the existing enrolment methods of this course. Teachers can manually add members through "Mannual Enrolments", or you can use "Self-enrolment Methods" and set whether require a password.
8. How do I create a team and set up a team password?
Click on "Participants" on the left and select "Group" from the drop-down menu of the gear shaped settings button on the member page. Groups can be created by clicking "Create group", "Auto-create groups" or "Import groups" on the team page. Once you've created your team, click to select the group you want to set up, then select "Edit Group Settings" to set up everything including the group password.
9. How to group students?
Enter the course, click the “Participants” tab on the left side of the course page, and you can quickly edit the group of participants in the participant list. Note that the group must be set first to be effective.
10. How to share course with other teachers?
(1) Set the course to be accessible to visitors in the course enrollement method. Visitors can access all contents except for quiz after loging in.
(2) Export course file and sent to other teachers; other teachers can import the shared course when creating a new course.
(3) Multiple teachers can be set in the same course, and depending on the situation, whether or not to give a teacher edit permission can be set. Giving editorial permission is conducive to collaborative writing and improvement while without editing permission, it can prevent unauthorized editing. Note that classroom real-time tests cannot be operated by more than one teachers at the same time. If you need to share, you have to export and import through the question bank, and build different classroom real-time tests.
11. How to set the language?
You can choose from the homepage of the website or set your personal language preferences in your personal panel. The default is displayed according to your browser language settings. If you set the language preference, it will display according to your preferences.
12. How to block unwanted hyperlinks?
The website provides hyperlinks such as HSK1-6 vocabulary. If you do not need links in some texts, you can add tags in the HTML view before and after the relevant text: <nolink> related text</nolink>.
13. How can I use the vocabulary to generate test questions?
Using the vocabulary, you can easily generate test questions of various contents. You can set the corresponding strings in the vocabulary as needed. specific methods:
(1) Establish a vocabulary in the course;
(2) Add Export Glossary to Quiz section on the course page;
(3) Use the Export Glossary to Quiz function to generate test questions, select the required question types to generate test questions in one batch.
1. How to get started?
Blue Planet Chinese provides a lot of free content, you can use these texts, audio and exercises to help you learn Chinese. After logging in, you can have a personal panel, study plan, course folder, grade report, and course suggestions.
2. Why is Blue Planet Chinese one of the most professional Chinese learning platforms?
Blue Planet Chinese not only provides general Chinese learning content, but also can evaluate students ’Chinese proficiency based on the Chinese proficiency model and give learning suggestions; secondly, Blue Planet Chinese courses are provided by teachers with rich teaching experience, and the platform provides rich A variety of learning content and interactive learning methods are very conducive to language acquisition.
3. What courses does Blue Planet Chinese offer? What level of learner is suitable?
Blue Planet Chinese offers courses suitable for learners of all Chinese levels. The main courses include introductory Chinese courses for children, starting point for adults, elementary, intermediate and advanced courses.
4. How to choose a course?
After entering the course catalog, directly click the course you want to enter. If it is an open course or you have already registered for this course, you will enter directly; if you have not registered for this course, the page will prompt you to register.
5. How to set the language?
You can set it on the homepage of the website or in your personal panel. By default, it is displayed according to the language setting of your browser. If you set a language preference, it will be displayed according to the preference setting.
6. Why didn't I see my study plan?
After registering for at least one course, you can apply to your teacher for a study plan. Follow-up will provide a function for the learners to make plans by themselves, so stay tuned.